Tuesday, April 24, 2012

THE AMERICAN CHOCOLATE CAKE

Something happened in the seminar last week that reminded me of how much God cares about the little/ big desires we each have. 

A few weeks back when I was planning the menu I had the strong inward witness to buy the amazing chocolate layer cake at Costcos. Now I know that most of you know I like chocolate, and truthfully, that was part of my reasoning. But, I honestly sensed a genuine leading to purchase this cake for the students of the seminar. I don't normally buy such an expensive dessert, and even after considering the already tight budget, I still knew I had to get it. Furthermore, I wasn't sure if they would like it, but I've learned not to ignore these impressions. So later on in the week, as one of the students, on sabbatical leave from South Africa, was eating her piece of cake, she happened to mention that she'd told her friends back in South Africa that when she came to the United States she would make sure she had a piece of American Chocolate Cake. Truthfully, I nearly burst into tears after hearing her say this, because when I bought the cake I happened to notice it was called The American Chocolate Cake. I then realized that God had heard her desire and met it literally. I still choke up when I think of this because it brought such a deep assurance that I had truly been led by the Lord. It was not coincidence. But more so, He honestly cared about this little thing, which was to her a big thing, and met that heartfelt desire. 

In the future when I'm tempted to forget He cares about little things, I will also think of the American Chocolate Cake. What a touching event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am allowing comments for the next few weeks to determine whether these posts are helpful to you. I will not be involved in discussion or answering questions during this time due to insufficient time. I would ask that if you decide to comment that you practice respect for other readers and be considerate of what is godly, kind, and according to self-control. If I deem a comment is inappropriate I will delete it for the sake of those who read what is written.